Friday, March 23, 2012

Sticking to It

The past couple of weeks, it has been very challenging to stick to my exercise routine. First, my husband's car was out of commission and in the shop for a few days and then mine was in the shop for nearly a week. Add to that the horrific weather we had over the last weekend, and I had to get creative with my exercise plan.

I've missed my usual morning exercise for two weeks due to our need to car pool every day and we couldn't go out and walk or hike or ride bike last weekend because of the hideous weather (hideous weather in San Diego = wind and heavy rain).  So, here's what I did to get in my exercise: When I could, I got in about 20 minutes to 1/2 an hour of Zumba (we just bought a Kinect, so I've been doing Zumba Rush on the Kinect), I made sure to get in my lunch walk at work - when it was not raining, and  then in the evenings my husband and I went to the gym. Last weekend, it was storming horribly, so we stayed in and did Kinect Your Shape 2012 and Zumba. I would not use the Kinect for exercise on a regular basis, but it does work nicely on those days where I don't have time to do anything else, or where weather or other circumstances are keeping me from the gym. I did not get in as much exercise as I would have liked over the past couple of weeks, but I did fairly well, considering the circumstances. The results - I continued my weight loss (down another 3 pounds in two weeks, not bad).  Happily though, I will be back at my water aerobics class bright and early Monday morning and back on my routine.  

No comments:

Post a Comment