Friday, March 22, 2013

I Heart Water Aerobics!

I noticed something this morning that one would think I would have noticed sooner, but have not. And I am thrilled about it...hence post number two in as many days. The under arm sag that I so despised as I was losing weight is nearly gone!! I nearly did a cheer right there in the locker room when I came to the realization that it was going away.

I read a blog a while ago, when I was still bummed out about my sagging under-arms and all the "loose skin" under my arms. I had resigned myself to living with it because I did not want to get surgery to get the "excess skin" removed and I had heard that loose skin is one of those things that happens with weight loss and there is really not much you can do. The author of the blog that I  read wrote that loose skin is often not "loose skin" but it is fat that has not gone away - she also argued for weight training or toning to address loose skin issues - so that your skin has something to which it can cling. She was exactly right (she usually is, Erika rocks, I love her blog and if you aren't subscribed to it, you should - it is here.)

Anyway, let me get to the point - water aerobics. I am taking a water aerobics class that includes a lot of toning, I have been doing it for over a year. I don't do much else to tone my arms, just this class - 3 mornings a week. It is a fairly easy class, wakes me up in the morning, burns a few calories, and I love the water, so there is that. I knew it was toning a bit - but WOW - this morning I realized just how much good this awesome, fairly easy, enjoyable class is doing. wow. I'm thrilled. Unbelievable. I wanted to go hug the instructor, but that just would have been weird.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment