Thursday, October 25, 2012

About the Blog Name Change

I have changed my blog title and address to better reflect the subject matter. When I started this blog, I was still losing weight. I now feel great, I like how I look, I have an incredible amount of energy, I'm more confident, my migraines are gone, as are my aches and pains, I just feel better  - both physically and emotionally. Weight loss is not a cure all, but it really helps in nearly every area where health is concerned. Now, though I still have about 25 pounds to lose, I am more focused on gradual weight loss and maintenance.  As I've said before, I'm not really dieting, I'm working on living a healthy lifestyle which not only helps me to protect the weight I've lost, but also helps me to protect the beautiful "numbers" that are a result of the weight loss (my cholesterol, blood pressure, etc...) and helps me to continue look and feel great. It takes a lot of work and it is inconvenient at times - but the pay off is more than worth it.

I am now down nearly 125 pounds (I'm officially down 122 - I've lost 42% of my body weight since I started). This is only the beginning though, weight loss was, apparently, the easy part. I hear too many horror stories about how difficult it is to keep the weight off once it is lost, so I am going to write about how I maintain and protect my weight loss and about obstacles I encounter. Hopefully, this will help people who are struggling with their weight. If nothing else it is a good way for me to hold myself accountable. So, enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment