Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Navigating the Bumps in the Road

I've found that it is important to be flexible and be able to navigate the bumps in the road, small or large. This morning, I encountered a bump in the road. It's small in the greater scheme of things, but could be significant if I let it throw me off track. Sometimes this weight loss / healthier lifestyle is going to be a bit inconvenient, but I need to roll with it because the payoff is so worthwhile.

That said, today I found out that the locker rooms at my gym will be closed for refurbishment for the next 3 months. This presents a bit of an obstacle and is an inconvenience because before work I am at the gym at least 3 mornings a week at my water aerobics class, which is a part of the routine I've built and that I plan to continue.

Skipping my water aerobics class for 3 months is not an option. Therefore, I need to find a way to attend my class and then make it to work on time in the morning. My class ends at 7:20am and I like to be at my office before 8am. So, there are two options: First, I can find a shower / locker room on campus (I work at a University) that is open on time so that I can just come to campus and shower here and then walk to my office. I think there are 3 places on campus with showers, and the best one, if the showers are open at 7:30am, is across campus from my office. This way I would get the added bonus of a walk. I think I will try this first. My second, less desirable, option is to drive back home, shower and change and then go to work. I would absolutely not arrive at work before 8am, which would mean that parking would be an issue - particularly if I have meetings off campus throughout the day and I doubt that I would get to work on time. This is not such a huge deal because my job is pretty flexible, but I really like to get in a bit early so that I can leave a bit early.

I will have to try a couple of different things and see what works. In any event, the water aerobics class will continue to be a part of my routine.


No comments:

Post a Comment