Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The Little Things Add Up: Walking

I've found that little things can add up and make a big difference not only for weight loss, but also for overall physical and emotional health - I've blogged about it a bit already. Here is another example: I work at a university, and it is nearly impossible to find parking near my office after about 7:45am during the spring and fall semesters. This means that if I have a meeting in the morning and do not get to work until after 9 or 10am, I have to park in the west parking structure, which is across the campus from my office. I hate parking all the way across campus because it takes me forever to get into work and I usually have three tons of work to get done. That said, now when I have to park across campus, I make the best of it. Instead of taking the campus shuttle, I walk across campus to my office. It takes probably five minutes longer at most because the shuttle takes several minutes to arrive and then makes several stops along the way to mine. Skipping the shuttle provides me with an opportunity to fit an extra 30 minutes of walking into my day (15 minutes each way - the first half of which is mostly uphill) and it gives me a few minutes of peace before I enter into the potential chaos of my work day.  In the end my having to do this walk is a great way to start my day. I'm less stressed and a little more clear-headed when I get into the office and I've gotten a little exercise in.


2 comments:


  1. Andro Testo Pro Natural Way: You would have heard that there are many exercises that can help yoMost guys want to work at getting a bigger penis. At the same time, most guys think that it really isn't possible to increase their package. If this is you, then I have news for you. It's simply not true! You CAN increase your size... BUT only if you choose the right method that is sure to work. Read on to see what worked VERY well for me and for millions of other guys!

    http://tiny.cc/AndroTestoPro

    ReplyDelete
  2. Optimal Rock Male Enhancement When a product uses the best quality ingredients, only then can you be sure that the results will also be the best? All the other supplements out there use old techniques and copied recipe while we have made something original, and use only the best. Optimal Rock Male Enhancement has used many ingredients, but we would like to tell you about a few of them because they do a lot more than others.
    Go To Buy Optimal Rock :-
    https://www.bedboosters.com/optimal-rock-reviews/

    ReplyDelete