Friday, February 10, 2012

Stress!

I have had an incredibly stressful week. Yesterday it all came to a head. I wanted to go home and stuff myself full of comfort food - be it chocolate or cheese or sweets or salty deliciousness. Apparently, I used to eat when I was stressed (which may partly explain my weight gain in law school).  Last night I had to find something else to do to deal with my stress other than to eat, and I did. My husband and I went and watched his brothers play soccer. It was a good game, beautiful weather, and it totally took my mind off my awful week. When I got home, I felt refreshed, I no longer wanted to eat, and I felt like I could handle the stress that had piled up over the course of the last few days. I got a good night's rest and I feel great today. And as an added bonus, I'm happy that I stuck to it and I learned a different approach to dealing with stress - one that does not involve food.

No comments:

Post a Comment