Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Nothing Tastes as Good: The Benefits of Weight Loss: #3 The New Wardrobe

Yesterday I got rid of all my "fat" clothes, and it was oddly stressful. I hear all the time how almost no one keeps weight off and, frankly, it terrifies me. But I had to get rid of the fat clothes, and with them any permission, however subtle, to gain back my weight.  So they are all gone and now my closet is pretty empty. I think I have three pairs of pants and a skirt that fit me at the moment, and two of those are getting too loose.

It's a great feeling to be constantly shrinking out of my clothes, but it is expensive. I told myself that I would buy a new wardrobe when I was half way to my goal (which was about 15 pounds ago) and then when I reach my goal. But, I have to say, it is getting really difficult not to go nuts when I go shopping - even if the clothes are only going to fit me for a couple of months.

I used to hate shopping, and I thought that I always would. I was never the type of person that would go into a store and try on a bunch of clothes to find just the right thing. I quite preferred to shop online. I would know exactly what I wanted and what size to get - and I would order 12 of that thing in different colors. There. Done shopping for the season. Now, much to my husband's chagrin, I love to shop. It is exciting to actually be able to fit into "normal" sizes and to shop at "normal" stores. Maybe its weird to be so completely thrilled with this development, but I love that I don't have to shop for baggy clothes that are oddly tailored to hide my body anymore. I love that when I see something I like, chances are good that I can go find it an it will fit me.

So, there you are, another benefit. I knew this one was coming, but I didn't realize until I could actually shop for normal clothes how great it would feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment