Thursday, January 26, 2012

A Note About My Last Post

It occurred to me yesterday after I posted about fitting my exercise into my schedule that part of the reason I started this blog was because people would ask me for advice on weight loss, so I thought it would be helpful just to talk about how I am doing it.

That said, if I had read my post from yesterday 7 months ago, before I started my weight loss, I would have been overwhelmed. I wouldn't have thought I could do it.  So let me just say that I started my weight loss by simply walking for 45 minutes a day, every day. I would either walk for 45 minutes at the end of the day, or I would divide it into a couple of smaller walks. I then increased my walk time over the first few weeks and months. I have added the activities I talked about in my last post over time because I needed to find activities I enjoyed to keep up my weight loss. But, I did start out slow, with something that was comfortable and manageable and then I gradually expanded and pushed myself to do more and to try other things. This is all totally doable.

No comments:

Post a Comment